“Expecto Patronum” “Expelliarmus”
Do you know what these words mean? Are you a potter-head like me? If you don’t know what a potter-head and/or what those “words” above mean, then I guess you are not a fan of the Harry Potter series. I personally haven’t read the book “YET” but I will try to read them as soon as I can. Anyways, have you heard about the news about Harry Potter coming to town? What? Yes! What you just read is right. Edmonton is the final stop in North America for Harry Potter: The Exhibition. So if you are a die-hard potter-head, then you do not want to miss this! Information about the exhibit can be read below. If you want to see the full detail regarding the exhibit, please visit http://www.telusworldofscienceedmonton.com/exhibits-events/harry-potter-exhibition. I might see you there!
Harry Potter™ is a cultural phenomenon, inspiring the imaginations of millions across the globe. Now it’s your chance to peer into the wizard’s world in an interactive exhibit featuring hundreds of authentic props and costumes from the Harry Potter films. Experience firsthand the amazing craftsmanship of costumes and props displayed in settings inspired by the films’ sets – including the Great hall, Hagrid’s hut, and the Gryffindor™ common room. While touring through the exhibit space, discover iconic items such as Harry’s original wand and eyeglasses, the Marauder’s Map, Gryffindor school uniforms as well as costumes worn at the Yule Ball. Enter the Quidditch™ area and toss a “Quaffle”, pull your own Mandrake, encounter Buckbeak™ the Hippogriff and even a giant Acromantula spider.
Harry Potter: The Exhibition is a timed-entry ticket and includes General Admission to TELUS World of Science – Edmonton. To purchase tickets call 780-451-3344, online or in person at the Box Office.
Official website: http://www.harrypotterexhibition.com/
- Audio Guides: Enhance your experience at Harry Potter: The Exhibition with an audio guide for only $6.00/adult and $4.00/child. Audio guides provide behind-the-scenes insight into the making of the films with commentary from the producers, prop designers, costume designers and creature designers.
- Gift Shop: Visit the feature gallery gift shop after touring the exhibit for exclusive Harry Pottermerchandise including an Official Exhibit Guide.
- Groups: Call 780-451-3344 for special group rates available groups of 20 or more.
- No food or drinks, including baby bottles and water bottles.
- No photography: cameras, video cameras and camera phones.
- No oversized strollers are permitted in Harry Potter: The Exhibition. TELUS World of Science will have a limited number of umbrella strollers available upon request.
- No large backpacks or bags.